To have visibility on Google with your videos, you must optimise your videos for SEO, upload your videos to YouTube and add structured data. YouTube is the world’s most popular video-sharing site and the second most visited website.
Having a YouTube channel is an absolute must for any business to get maximum visibility on Google with your videos. But getting your videos noticed on Google is another matter and not always easy.
YouTube’s and Google’s algorithms give importance to relevant content, which means that Google finds enticing a page with many visitors. At the same time, YouTube prefers videos with several viewers. The more views on Youtube, the algorithm will bring you to the top of the pile.
Read on for a step-by-step process to improve your chances of having visibility on Google with your videos:
Step 1. How to optimise your videos for SEO?
You will be able to optimise your videos for SEO and increase brand awareness and outrank competitors online by following eight simple tricks:
Select the keywords representing your video and brand; this tells Google & YouTube what your video is about. Evaluate SEO efforts and shape SEO strategy by implementing keyword tools. This will help you to research new keywords related to your video topic.
#2. Engaging Thumbnails
The thumbnail is your first impression on the viewer, so it has to grab their attention. Make sure to include your keyword and use an image with a 16:9 aspect ratio min – this is the preferred size for YouTube.
When viewers are searching on youtube, the first thing they see are titles and thumbnails. For that reason, you need to make sure you have an outstanding and beautiful one so viewers can notice your video. Upload a good-quality image that represents your video.
#3. Add title and description
Title and description are essential for videos to rank. Engage in keyword research relevant and trendy to your video topic to be easier to find in the search results. It is the only way to ensure visibility. Ask yourself if the relevant keywords are clickable.
Create a descriptive title with the primary keyword (at the start of the title, if possible)
Also, add text content describing your video while naturally weaving in the keywords. The content should be at least 1,200 and optimally 4,000 characters long. Transcribing your video’s audio to text is a great way to get high-quality text content – just make sure that you include the keywords.
#4. Video indexing
Video indexing is a way to provide viewers access to your content quickly, meaning that the audience will be more engaged in your channel. Use Title, description, and tags to index a video.
#5. Transcript the video and provide subtitles
Developing a transcript video will help search engines understand what the video is about and help you rank. In addition to that, you should provide embed subtitles describing the video (make sure to include your keywords in the subtitles) in the video’s metadata. This will help you to improve video engagement and view time.
Transcribing a video is a bit time-consuming, but it is not a complicated process, and the ROI is high from an SEO perspective as it should have your keywords. You can do it yourself, and there are third-party services, depending on your resources.
#6. Audio / MP3 and Video / MP4
Your video audio should mention your primary keyword a few times, provide engagement immediately (most viewers drop off in the first 15 seconds if they are not engaged), and be at least 1 minute long.
#7. Embed the video you want to rank
Make the best-performing video content the focus of your page. You must make your video visible on your page; just make it the priority. Don’t embed the same video in multiple places of your webpage because you will be competing with yourself.
Embed the video on the designated website page and supplement that page with text-based content. Use the same description content in your YouTube video as the text-based content.
#8. Increase video views, engagement and improve user experience
Use social media to share your video and add internal linking. This will help viewers to navigate your website and understand the hierarchies and structures in your page.
Backlinks are links from a website to another page. Backlinks or inbound links are considered as a form of votes by Google. When a page has a higher number of backlinks, this one may have increased organic search engine rankings.
Even Though you might have a high traffic of people going to your page, but they only last a few seconds there, it is possible that your content is not considered good. For that reason, it is wise to include videos on your website so people will spend more time on your site. This will increase ranking and convert visitors into customers and attract more clicks. In other words, this will generate backlinks and create brand awareness.
#9. Video length
Make sure the first 30 seconds are interesting enough for the viewer to continue watching the video content.
Step 2. There are three main reasons to upload your video to YouTube
YouTube is the most extensive video-sharing network in the world, and the main reason to add your video to Youtube is that it will provide your audience access to more content. When people find good content that solves their problems, they may stay longer and revisit your website organic visibility:
- YouTube has a 92% share of video results in Google
- Overall, 83% of consumers worldwide prefer YouTube to watch video content
- Analytics provided in the creator studio
Step 3. Why schema markup for SEO, and why is it important to add it for videos?
It’s a way to help you stand out from your competitors and is key to adding it to your videos. In other words, it is microdata added that enhances descriptions and appears in search results which increase your chances of click-through-rate.
Schema is used for videos, and it allows you to have them found through a google search in any form, including images. Find out more information about videos on Google with schema markup.
Structured data is a snippet of code in JSON format that provides Google information about your video. Using structured data helps to rank your video better and differentiates between basic appearance and enhanced appearance in Search Engine Results Pages (SERPs).
How to measure the organic impact of your video?
- Google has added a Video report to the Search console where you can see how your site videos are performing. The video report can be find in the performance report.
- To check how your video is performing on YouTube, use the analytics report found in your creator studio on YouTube. It’s possible to connect YouTube to Google Analytics and monitor your data
- Identify critical metrics such as audience, expression, and participation
- Youtube platform allows you to track three types of media results such as paid, owned, and earned
- You will be able to track your video engagement by dates, compare the performance of the last 28 days, 90 days, or the past year
- Also, it would be possible to understand your audience by evaluating which videos have more views
- You will be able to identify the time frame that works best for your video posting.
Vudini automates each of the above steps in one single application, so you just have to worry about creating great video content and killer thumbnails. The application includes the following features so you can start boosting your organic traffic using your videos in a few minutes:
- Video SEO optimisation – Vudini auto-embeds all the essential SEO factors into the fabric of your video and forces the user to perfectly optimise their video for SEO every time. Key tools within the application include:
- Keyword suggestion tool – Select the high search volume keywords based on your video topic. It is crucial always to target keywords with search volume to boost your organic traffic.
- RankAI Content – Vudini’s AI will create 4,000 characters long high-quality SEO content specifically for the keywords selected for the video. It does this in 4 minutes and can do it in any language – cool eh?, Vudini AI can learn a new language in 4 minutes.
- Auto-publish to your YouTube channel via API – Vudini has been fully audited by YouTube and has a contract that enables it to publish your videos directly to YouTube using their APIs.
- Autocreate SEO optimised blog with video embedded – Vudini integrates into the company website. When you publish your video to YouTube, Vudini also auto-creates a blog page with your video, text content, and on-page SEO content immediately optimised—posting the blogs to a sub-domain (e.g., video.website.com) or subdirectory (e.g., website.com/video).